KINSTON, N.C. (WNCT) — A man is behind bars under a $1 million bond for his involvement in an armed robbery in Kinston on September 6, officials say.
On Wednesday, the Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office arrested Brandon Matthew Tripp of Kinston for charges stemming from an investigation.
On September 6 at around 5:30 p.m., deputies responded to the Handy Mart located at 2325 Highway 258 North in Kinston.
When deputies arrived, a victim was found with a gunshot wound and was transported by EMS for his wounds.
The person was identified as Tripp at the scene.
Tripp would not cooperate with detectives during the investigation, deputies said.
A second subject in the shooting was later identified when he received treatment at an area hospital.
Detectives conducted the investigation and interviewed the second subject to discover that Tripp attempted to rob the victim and Tripp was struck by gunfire during the robbery.
Tripp was charged with attempted first-degree murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Tripp was sent to the Lenoir County Sheriff’s Detention Center.
- Necas tees up 2 goals to help ‘Canes to 3-2 win over Bruins, tying series
- Twin beams of light won’t shine during 9/11 tribute in NYC
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Streaming on the big screen: Chapel Hill movie theater to open for private group bookings
- Wake County middle school sports suspended for 1st semester
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now