GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — A former Randolph County math teacher has been accused of rape.
Brian Antonio Guerrero, 24, of Ramseur, was arrested Monday on a charge of second-degree forcible rape, according to jail records.
Greensboro police say the charge has nothing to do with any students. The charge involves another adult.
The Randolph County School System says Guerrero was hired on July 27, 2018.
He taught math at Randolph Early College High School.
The school system says he no longer works for the district after he resigned Monday. As of Tuesday morning, Guerrero is still listed as a math teacher on the Randolph Early College High School website.
He received a $350,000 secured bond, according to jail records.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- McGusty, ’Canes outlast Virginia Tech in triple overtime
- Key, Clark lead Virginia past Boston College, 78-65
- Devoe shakes off injury, leads Georgia Tech past Wake Forest
- No. 11 Louisville routs Syracuse 90-66 to end 2-game slide
- Family, community hails crossing guard hit and killed as ‘hero’ after saving 2 students
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now