GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — A former Randolph County math teacher has been accused of rape.
Brian Antonio Guerrero, 24, of Ramseur, was arrested Monday on a charge of second-degree forcible rape, according to jail records.
Greensboro police say the charge has nothing to do with any students. The charge involves another adult.
The Randolph County School System says Guerrero was hired on July 27, 2018.
He taught math at Randolph Early College High School.
The school system says he no longer works for the district after he resigned Monday. As of Tuesday morning, Guerrero is still listed as a math teacher on the Randolph Early College High School website.
He received a $350,000 secured bond, according to jail records.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No treats: CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween
- NFL fines coaches $100,000 for failing to wear masks on the sidelines
- ‘Dreadhead Cowboy’ taken into custody after riding horse on Chicago expressway
- NC moving company fails to deliver 72-year-old woman’s items for months
- Pair of goats spotted on Arkansas bridge truss euthanized
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now