WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a middle school band teacher was charged with 12 felony sex crimes.
A press release from the sheriff’s office says Peter Frank faces six charges of indecent liberties with a child and six charges of indecent liberties with a student by a teacher.
An investigation revealed the crimes stretch from 2003 to 2019 and involve six female victims.
Deputies were called to Roland Grise Middle School after receiving the reports. Frank is listed as a band teacher on Roland Grise Middle School’s website.
WECT has reached out to New Hanover County Schools for comment.
Frank voluntarily turned himself in to authorities Monday night, according to the sheriff’s office. The county’s booking website says he is being held on a $750,000 bond.
Anyone with information is asked to please contact the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office at 910-798-4260.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’
- Giuliani shown in hotel bedroom scene in new ‘Borat’ film
- Fort Bragg Twitter account deleted after hack leads to lewd messages
- Wednesday, October 21st – Spruce up your home for the season, learn how to manage anxiety and stress healthily
- Tackle DIY home projects with these awesome products
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now