WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – The New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a middle school band teacher was charged with 12 felony sex crimes.
A press release from the sheriff’s office says Peter Frank faces six charges of indecent liberties with a child and six charges of indecent liberties with a student by a teacher.
An investigation revealed the crimes stretch from 2003 to 2019 and involve six female victims.
Deputies were called to Roland Grise Middle School after receiving the reports. Frank is listed as a band teacher on Roland Grise Middle School’s website.
WECT has reached out to New Hanover County Schools for comment.
Frank voluntarily turned himself in to authorities Monday night, according to the sheriff’s office. The county’s booking website says he is being held on a $750,000 bond.
Anyone with information is asked to please contact the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office at 910-798-4260.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Looking to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Durham? North Carolina Central University has appointments available
- Texas couple reunites for first time since pandemic for 50th wedding anniversary
- New Mexico governor set to sign recreational marijuana bill
- Will Smith film departs Georgia over voting restrictions
- Chapel Hill to hold public meeting about Fordham Boulevard Sidepath project