CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – A 13-year-old student was arrested for making a threat of a school shooting at Coulwood Middle School, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say.
“The threat originated on Instagram, and contained a photograph of a firearm with a caption that indicated that a shooting would take place on Thursday (today),” CMPD says.
Officers tracked down the student they say posted the threat and went to their home. The 13-year-old admitted that he posted the threat as a “joke,” police say.
No guns were found inside the teen’s home and officers believe the student found the picture of the firearm online.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say