CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – A 13-year-old student was arrested for making a threat of a school shooting at Coulwood Middle School, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say.
“The threat originated on Instagram, and contained a photograph of a firearm with a caption that indicated that a shooting would take place on Thursday (today),” CMPD says.
Officers tracked down the student they say posted the threat and went to their home. The 13-year-old admitted that he posted the threat as a “joke,” police say.
No guns were found inside the teen’s home and officers believe the student found the picture of the firearm online.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- More NC gas stations getting fuel, but state still last in supplies amid crisis
- Blood-covered 4-year-old boy found slain in street; man arrested, Dallas police say
- VIDEO: 22 riders stuck 20 feet off ground on roller coaster in Arizona
- Hundreds of bodies found buried along riverbanks of India
- ‘Delivering the science’: CDC director defends decision to ditch masks