GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A former Northern Guilford Middle School teacher is accused of statutory rape of a student, according to the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office.
Carly Smith, 41, of Greensboro, was arrested and charged with statutory rape, statutory sex offense, indecent liberties with a student by a teacher, and indecent liberties with a child.
Her bond was set at $30,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘A gentle giant’: George Floyd’s uncle recalls his life, calls for peace and justice
- Protesters take to the streets in downtown Durham Monday night
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Trump declares he’s president of law and order
- Protester shot and killed, shooter won’t be charged, attorney says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now