KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (WBTV) – The mother of a four-year-old child in Kannapolis has been arrested, and her significant other is wanted, after an investigation determined that her child had received multiple serious injuries as a result of abuse, officials say.
Jamie Adams, the mother, and Raheem Deshawn Johnson, her boyfriend, were each charged with felony child abuse by the Kannapolis Police Department.
Adams was arrested on Oct. 31 but Johnson remains on the loose.
A warrant for Johnson’s arrest has been issued and anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact Crimestoppers at 704-93CRIME.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Orange County Board of Commissioners Listening Session on Racial Justice
- 74-year-old woman struck, killed by celebratory 4th of July gunfire
- 2 dead, 8 injured in South Carolina Night Club shooting
- Christopher Columbus statue toppled and thrown in harbor
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now