KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. (WAVY) — A lieutenant with the Kill Devil Hills Police Department is on leave after an assault charge.
A police spokesperson confirmed Allen Holland is on paid administrative leave. According to the Dare County Sheriff’s Office, Holland is charged with assaulting a female.
WAVY-TV reported that Holland is accused by authorities of throwing his wife to the ground and tearing off her clothes. He turned himself in on the charge Monday.
Holland has been with the department for 20 years.
- MEAC postpones fall sports over COVID-19 concerns
- NCDHHS reports 2,100+ new COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations remain over 1,100
- GOP restricts convention attendance as coronavirus surges in Florida
- Stop these common video call mistakes
- Senator seeks civil rights probe in case of St. Louis couple
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now