KING, N.C. (WGHP) — Two people died after a crash on U.S. 52 in King, according to a news release.
At about 8:42 p.m. Monday night, police and fire crews responded to a crash on U.S. 52 south, near the Moore-RJR Road exit.
At the scene, crews found a 2002 Toyota 4-Runner overturned on the right side of the highway.
The SUV had hit two trees and caught fire.
The driver, identified as 25-year-old Casey Dylan Sprinkle, of Westfield, and passenger 35-year-old Justin Kyle Barneycastle, of King, died at the scene.
U.S. 52 south was closed for several hours.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Families of those slain in Durham gather to seek end to gun violence
- Amber Alert canceled: Suspect arrested, 2 girls found safe after 2 boys discovered dead
- No. 3 Notre Dame rides big plays to 45-3 win over Pitt
- Wake Forest upsets No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16
- VIDEO: Rock star Jon Bon Jovi performs ahead of Biden at rally in Pennsylvania
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now