WILKES COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — An eastern Wilkes County pastor was arrested on over 100 counts of felony sex offenses last week, according to the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office.
Rodney Dean Luffman, 58, is identified online as the pastor of a church on N.C. 268 in Elkin called Open Arms Outreach Ministries.
He was charged in connection with two male victims and one female victim.
The victim’s ages ranged from 4 to 16 when the offenses happened, deputies say.
Most of the offenses reportedly happened between 2000 and 2015.
On Monday, he was in the Wilkes County Jail under a $1 million bond.
The investigation is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SC senator urges HHS to report on racial disparities in COVID-19 pandemic
- Harris Teeter now limiting number of customers allowed inside amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Bernie Sanders ends presidential campaign after disappointing primary results
- Free and low cost internet service for N.C residents
- Feds seize 100 unauthorized COVID-19 test kits shipped to Oregon man
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now