CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. (WECT) – The Carolina Beach Police Department is investigating the death of a one-month-old child.
According to a news release from the police department, the investigation was initiated on Jan. 20 following the death of Adalynn Elizabeth Garner who lived at a home on Ocean Boulevard.
The North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office is determining a cause of death, the release stated.
Police officials have declined to release any additional details surrounding the child’s death.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
- NC officials shut down church as ‘imminent hazard’ citing link to 3 deaths among 121 COVID-19 cases
- Charlotte police dodge gunfire while trying to stop driver at break-in call
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now