ASHEVILLE, N.C. – Police in North Carolina say a man robbed a Domino’s Pizza with a machete and then tried to set the store ablaze.
The Citizen-Times reports that the alleged incident occurred late Monday night in Asheville.
Police said in a statement that Curtis Andrew Wallace Jr. told Domino’s employees that he would “chop heads off” before locking them in an office and then a freezer.
Police said Wallace took nearly $700 from a safe.
They said Wallace then tried to start a fire in one of the pizza ovens when the employees were still trapped.
He was taken into custody when police arrived.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest offering service for Santa Claus to call children
- 3-day ticket blitz, 130 $100 citations for going maskless
- Group hosts celebration of life for Evelyn Boswell, whose mom is charged in her death
- Airlines hope proven cleaning techniques will bring passengers back to flying
- Possibly impaired driver smashes car into Raleigh flower shop, police say