GRAHAM, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina police officer has fatally shot a man who fled a home where the officer was attempting to serve warrants.
Graham Police Chief Jeff Prichard identified 20-year-old Jaquyn Oneill Light of Graham as the shooting victim Wednesday.
Police had drawn multiple warrants for Light for charges including misdemeanor communicating threats and misdemeanor simple assault.
The police department has not released the name of the officer involved, or the races of the officer and the dead man.
The officer has been placed on administrative leave as an investigation begins into the shooting.
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12
- VIDEO: NC woman makes hot cocoa bombs to benefit local charity
- Wake County starting COVID-19 vaccine waitlist for 65+ individuals, healthcare workers
- NC mother turns to public to help find people who shot at family
- Third stimulus check: Here’s when you might get a $1,400 direct payment