GREENSBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — Greensboro police are investigating a veteran officer after he was recently charged with a crime.
The Greensboro Police Department confirms Jesse Michael Hillis was charged with solicitation of prostitution.
Hillis was charged on August 22, which is three days after he resigned on August 19, according to police.
The address of the incident is a gas station at 2906 S. Elm-Eugene St. It’s about two minutes from the Greensboro police station in that area. There’s also a fire station and the Water Resource Department in the building.
Hillis joined the force in January 2006.
Sarah Marie Parada was charged on August 23, with prostitution in connection to the crime.
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- American cancer survivor swims across English Channel 4 times in a row to set new world record
- Deputies: Couple had sex in patrol car after arrest
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now