GREENSBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — Greensboro police are investigating a veteran officer after he was recently charged with a crime.
The Greensboro Police Department confirms Jesse Michael Hillis was charged with solicitation of prostitution.
Hillis was charged on August 22, which is three days after he resigned on August 19, according to police.
The address of the incident is a gas station at 2906 S. Elm-Eugene St. It’s about two minutes from the Greensboro police station in that area. There’s also a fire station and the Water Resource Department in the building.
Hillis joined the force in January 2006.
Sarah Marie Parada was charged on August 23, with prostitution in connection to the crime.
- Trump admin moves toward broad use of face coverings amid coronavirus pandemic
- Kentucky is putting ankle monitors on coronavirus patients who ignore self-isolation order
- North Carolina only receiving fraction of requested masks, gowns, officials say
- Disney announces furloughs for non-essential employees across company
- American businesses shift to making PPE for frontline medical workers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now