GREENSBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — Greensboro police are investigating a veteran officer after he was recently charged with a crime.
The Greensboro Police Department confirms Jesse Michael Hillis was charged with solicitation of prostitution.
Hillis was charged on August 22, which is three days after he resigned on August 19, according to police.
The address of the incident is a gas station at 2906 S. Elm-Eugene St. It’s about two minutes from the Greensboro police station in that area. There’s also a fire station and the Water Resource Department in the building.
Hillis joined the force in January 2006.
Sarah Marie Parada was charged on August 23, with prostitution in connection to the crime.
- VIDEO: House crumbles, plunges off hill during landslide
- Man meets up with dating app matches, then robs them, Va. police warn
- Former North Carolina Lt. Gov. Bob Jordan dies at 87
- Mom and teen daughter posed as photographers to steal baby, deputies say
- Boston College holds off NC State rally for 71-68 win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now