BRUNSWICK COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) – In a Facebook post early Thursday evening, Brunswick County Sheriff John Ingram took a stand against the actions of the police officers involved in restraining George Floyd.
He ended the post with a message of sympathy for the family and friends of George Floyd, the Minneapolis Police Department and the entire Minneapolis community.
Four Minneapolis police officers have been fired for involvement in the death of the 46-year-old black man and violent riots continue in Minneapolis.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hand sanitizer recall: FDA expands list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers to avoid over methanol risk
- U.S. economic shutdown saved up to 2.7 million lives, analysis finds
- No criminal charges for former Raleigh council member accused of sexual assault
- Who is most likely to die from COVID-19?
- Arkansas police officer who allegedly threatened to shoot protesters charged in shooting death of fellow officer
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now