RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A lot of students are off Monday to honor Veterans Day.
State Superintendent Mark Johnson wants you to spend that day making holiday cards for those currently enlisted.
“Everyone can participate. Whether you make this a family project or a card drive at school, church or with a civic organization, we are calling on North Carolinians to encourage children and adults to send greetings and well wishes,” Johnson said. “Let’s make sure our service members know that we are all thinking of them and that we appreciate their service to our country.”
The deadline to send the cards is Nov. 15.
For more information on what to do and where to send it, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- What you need to know about bubonic plague, the disease behind ‘Black Death’
- Indiana man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
- NC firefighter hit by car 4 months ago is released from hospital, given escort home
- Fast start to 2020 hurricane season confirms early forecasts of active year
- Coins are yet another shortage caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now