CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools teacher is being investigated by the school system after she was arrested on Thursday for multiple sex crimes.
Emma Ogle, 63, has been charged with a crime against nature, indecent liberties with a student, and engaging in a sex act with a student.
Ogle is employed as a teacher at Garinger High School.
Garinger reported on Friday that Ogle had been suspended with pay while an investigation was conducted into the matter.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man sentenced to life in prison for selling $30 of marijuana will be freed
- Doctor runs 22 miles in face mask to prove they’re safe
- Florida hospital loses body of newborn baby, lawsuit says
- Neuse Christian Academy cancels in-person classes after student tests positive for COVID-19
- Durham police investigating 2 murders near downtown
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now