BURLINGTON, N.C. (WFMY) — The Alamance-Burlington School System confirms one of their teachers was arrested on a child sex crime charge in Wisconsin.
A police report says Stuart Jones is charged with “using a computer to facilitate a child sex crime.”
The school system says Jones was a math teacher at Western Alamance Middle School. He has been with the district for nearly 10 years.
The school district suspended Jones with pay. His suspension started last week.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 11: Remembering Hurricane Camille & a chat with the National Hurricane Center
- Pet chihuahua saves NC man’s life after stroke
- Tools for a successful start to the virtual school year
- Tuesday, August 11th : Tools for a successful start to the virtual school year
- NC reports first confirmed case of dog with virus that causes COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now