BURLINGTON, N.C. (WFMY) — The Alamance-Burlington School System confirms one of their teachers was arrested on a child sex crime charge in Wisconsin.
A police report says Stuart Jones is charged with “using a computer to facilitate a child sex crime.”
The school system says Jones was a math teacher at Western Alamance Middle School. He has been with the district for nearly 10 years.
The school district suspended Jones with pay. His suspension started last week.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- End of an era: Crews to raise Durham’s famous ‘can opener’ bridge
- Many NC colleges, universities waiving application fees this week
- RECALL: Over 6,000 pounds of ready-to-eat meat sold at Walmart recalled nationwide
- Toddler girl shot in head is killed, mom wounded after shots fired into home
- Search for plane underway near RDU after radar lost, distress signal sent
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now