CRAVEN COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) – A Wilmington teen is facing drug-related charges after deputies found over 20 pounds of marijuana during a traffic stop in eastern North Carolina last week.
According to a news release from the Craven County Sheriff’s Office, the agency’s Crime Interdiction Team conducted a traffic stop on U.S. 70 near the Cove City exit on June 26.
During the stop, deputies located 24 pounds of marijuana in a vehicle driven by Bryan Martinez, 18, of Wilmington.
He was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Deputies are asking for the public’s help to find Wu Zheng, of Fort Pierce, Florida, who is wanted for trafficking marijuana.
Anyone with information on Zheng’s location is asked to contact the Craven County Sheriff’s Office at 252-636-6620 or Craven County Communications at 252-633-2357.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- South Johnston High School football player, two others injured in Benson shooting
- I-95 in Robeson County reopens after wreck involving 20 vehicles
- 2 killed, 8 others shot, in ‘violent incident of huge magnitude’ at SC night club
- Jerry Weakens Slightly, With Our Eyes on a Couple Other Waves
- Wake Correctional Center inmate missing from work assignment in Garner
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now