CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) – A portion of southbound I-77 was closed in north Charlotte Tuesday after utility lines fell across the interstate.
The incident happened around 10:45 a.m. at the Hambright Road overpass, just south of the I-485 interchange near mile marker 19.
Traffic was backed up for miles as crews worked to remove the lines from the roadway.
Construction crews were already at the scene doing roadwork. There is no word what may have brought the lines down or if any injuries were reported.
The interstate reopened around 12:30 p.m.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
- Gun show in Raleigh draws crowds; some concerned gun laws could change
- Woman dies in NC crash; other driver had license revoked, was speeding, police say
- Fabbri’s late goal lifts Red Wings over Hurricanes 4-2
- 4 face child neglect charges after 7 children found in ‘deplorable’ conditions, SC deputies say
- Greensboro police seek help identifying woman who robbed bank