ROBESON CO, NC (WBTW) – A 6-year-old girl died in a crash after her father drove his pickup truck off the road, according to the highway patrol.
The girl was not properly restrained, according to North Carolina Highway Patrol Sergeant Sherwood Brent. Daniel Miranda, the driver, has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle as a result of the crash.
Miranda was driving his pickup on Highway 301 just south of Lumberton when he ran off the right side of the road, according to Sgt. Brent. The truck re-entered the road, then ran off the left side and struck a ditch, according to the report.
The truck overturned, Sgt. Brent said, ejecting the child from the front seat. The truck landed on its top.
- NCDOT looking to widen 9 miles of I-95 in Robeson County, public input needed
- Zebulon road washed out in the summer of 2019 set to reopen in October
- NC man charged with murder in mobile home park shooting
- Clayton girl’s accidental shooting calls attention to the dangers of children and firearms
- NC native Lara Trump to visit Raleigh, Orange County on Monday and Tuesday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now