THOMASVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — A child was hit by a car in Thomasville and airlifted to the hospital Sunday, according to highway patrol.
The 13-year-old boy was hit around 6 p.m. at 3035 Upper Lake Road near the Pilot community.
He was reportedly rollerblading on the side of the road with a friend who was on a bike.
Neither had a helmet on.
Witnesses tell FOX8 a pastor with the Wayside Tabernacle Freewill Baptist Church came out and prayed over the boy.
His condition is unknown at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Activists want Biden to defund ICE, overhaul migrant detention policies
- Nearly 1,300 COVID-19 vaccine doses wasted in NC, officials say
- Police investigating after body found in Durham neighborhood
- NC attorney general calls for federal ban of menthol cigarettes
- How long could it take to vaccinate every adult in North Carolina from COVID-19?