WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) – Police say an Uber driver kidnapped and sexually assaulted a female passenger in North Carolina.
The Winston-Salem Journal reports Kernersville police arrested 39-year-old Tarik Aitouali of Greensboro on Friday.
Kernersville police detective David de Mattos says the unidentified woman summoned the Uber service early Friday.
He says the Uber driver didn’t take the woman to her intended destination, but instead took her to a different location without her consent and committed the sexual offense against her while she was physically helpless.
Aitouali is being held in the Forsyth County jail under $150,000 bond. It’s not known if he has an attorney who could comment on the charges of second-degree kidnapping and second-degree forcible sex offense.
- Ohio car wash transforms into Halloween haunt
- No arrest 5 days after Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s kidnapping
- Brothers saved meth equipment in fire, left their grandmother to die, according to DA
- Sunday murder of Bojangles’ customer makes 2019 NC city’s deadliest year since 1995
- Duke ranked No. 4, UNC No. 9 in preseason AP basketball poll
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now