GASTON COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) – An arrest warrant accuses a woman of taking a baby — wearing only a diaper and a blanket — on a one-mile walk in 26-degree weather in Gastonia.
According to the arrest warrant from the Gastonia Police Department, 20-year-old Marquilia Womack was charged with misdemeanor child abuse.
Womack is accused of walking with a 1-year-old baby for about a mile in 26-degree weather. The arrest warrant states that the baby was only wearing a diaper and was wrapped in a small blanket.
The arrest warrant states that when law enforcement found Womack and the baby, the baby was shivering profusely.
According to jail records, Womack was arrested early Thursday morning and booked into Gaston County Jail under a $3,000 bond. She has since been released on bond and is scheduled to appear in court in December.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Aho scored twice to lead Hurricanes past Edmonton, 6-3
- ‘We need some help’ – Raleigh firefighter urges NC lawmakers to pass cancer bill
- Johnston County school board member alleges ‘corruption and deception’ in $8.8M budget shortfall
- VIDEO: 3-year-old girl inside sedan carjacked at NC Walmart
- Fort Bragg access point reopens after ‘security incident’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now