WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – A woman faces attempted murder charges after poisoning her husband and step-son last month, according to the Wilmington Police Department.
Susan McNair, 72, was arrested Tuesday on two counts of attempted first-degree murder and two counts of contaminating food/drink with a controlled substance.
Police say on July 28, McNair spiked her husband and step-son’s drinks with cleaning products and paint primer, which caused them to fall seriously ill.
McNair was booked into the New Hanover County Jail under an $800,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
- Man broke into home, held people, dog at gunpoint, Myrtle Beach police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.