LEXINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) — A woman died on Friday afternoon after she was hit by a vehicle that was backing up while she was walking down a driveway, according to a Lexington Police Department news release.
Officers responded to the driveway on Shoaf Street around 4:07 p.m.
Brenda Wooten, 61, of Clemmons, had gotten out of a vehicle when she was walking down a driveway.
She suffered life-threatening injuries when the vehicle hit her.
EMS and police performed life-saving measures, but Wooten died at the scene.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Anyone with information related to this investigation can call Lexington police at (336) 243- 3302 or Lexington Area Crime Stoppers at (336) 243-2400.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say