LEXINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) — A woman died on Friday afternoon after she was hit by a vehicle that was backing up while she was walking down a driveway, according to a Lexington Police Department news release.
Officers responded to the driveway on Shoaf Street around 4:07 p.m.
Brenda Wooten, 61, of Clemmons, had gotten out of a vehicle when she was walking down a driveway.
She suffered life-threatening injuries when the vehicle hit her.
EMS and police performed life-saving measures, but Wooten died at the scene.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Anyone with information related to this investigation can call Lexington police at (336) 243- 3302 or Lexington Area Crime Stoppers at (336) 243-2400.
- Raleigh’s Nate McMillan joins exclusive club with NBA playoffs run
- Transgender weightlifter Hubbard selected for Tokyo Olympics
- Despite forfeiting weapons, St. Louis man who pulled gun on BLM protesters show off new rifle
- Heavy rainfall and flash flooding expected along North Carolina coast through Monday morning
- Wakefield HS grad takes home $1.6 million prize in Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament