LEXINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) — A woman died on Friday afternoon after she was hit by a vehicle that was backing up while she was walking down a driveway, according to a Lexington Police Department news release.
Officers responded to the driveway on Shoaf Street around 4:07 p.m.
Brenda Wooten, 61, of Clemmons, had gotten out of a vehicle when she was walking down a driveway.
She suffered life-threatening injuries when the vehicle hit her.
EMS and police performed life-saving measures, but Wooten died at the scene.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
Anyone with information related to this investigation can call Lexington police at (336) 243- 3302 or Lexington Area Crime Stoppers at (336) 243-2400.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Child sex offender at Butner dies after testing positive for COVID-19 for 2nd time, officials say
- US to ban people from downloading TikTok or WeChat apps this weekend
- Tracking the Tropics: Teddy is now a Category 4 hurricane; depression forms in the Gulf
- Warrant: Missing Raleigh man was murdered in Wake County, body likely found in Virginia
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now