WALLACE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say a North Carolina woman shot and killed her boyfriend and also shot her boyfriend’s sister during a “chaotic scene” late Friday night.
The incident was reported around 11 p.m. in Wallace in the Wells Mobile Home Park along N.C. 41, according to a news release from Wallace police.
Marshje Swinson, 26, of Willard, is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Lonnel Henderson, 26, of Wallace, police said.
Swinson is also charged with attempted first-degree murder after Henderson’s 22-year-old sister was also shot during the incident, according to police.
A handgun was recovered during the arrest, police said.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Henderson and Langley families during this difficult time,” the police news release said.
“Thanks also to Duplin County EMS for your tireless efforts and work you did for the victims, and to the Duplin County Sheriff’s Office for helping us gain control of a chaotic scene,” police added.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- U.S. reaches 100,000 coronavirus hospitalizations
- Wendell shop owner cited over sign saying store doesn’t require masks
- Wednesday, December 2nd: Live music by Jay James, Jolly Raleigh scavenger hunt clue #2
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: After devastating Panthers loss, conversation still swirls on who is to blame
- City finds 40 Housing Code violations at Durham apartments