CAROLINA BEACH, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina woman pleaded guilty to fatally hitting a 1-year-old with her car last year.
Heather Ligotino entered a conditional discharge guilty plea Tuesday to misdemeanor death by motor vehicle, The Wilmington StarNews reported.
District Attorney Spokeswoman Samantha Dooies said Ligotino’s charge will be dismissed if she completes “12 months of unsupervised probation and 150 hours of community service.”
Ligatino struck 1-year-old Cora Kruger and her grandmother Catherine Hagelstein at an intersection in Carolina Beach on March 22, 2019.
Cora was killed and Hagelstein sustained non-life threatening injuries.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Family remembers NC construction worker killed by SUV at work site
- Major fire at Lake Luzerne home belonging to Rachael Ray
- 8 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Durham County jail
- NC coworkers decide to split ‘ridiculous’ $4 million lottery win
- Krispy Kreme giving away doughnuts, coffee as part of ‘Educator Appreciation Week’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now