CONCORD, N.C. (WBTV) – Officials with the North Carolina Department of Public Safety (NCDPS) believe two boys who escaped a local juvenile corrections facility may be in the Black Mountain area near Asheville.
The NCDPS is asking members of the Black Mountain community to be cautious as authorities continue to search for those two minors.
The two boys, identified as Chris H and Mikal M, escaped the Stonewall Jackson Youth Development Center in Concord around 2:45 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
Due to the unpredictability of juvenile behavior during an escape, the Department has a high degree of concern for the safety of the juveniles and the public.
These are the most recently taken photographs of the juvenile escapees below.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now