LA GRANGE, N.C. (WNCN) – A deputy in eastern North Carolina was shot in the line of duty on Thursday night, officials said.
The Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office said the deputy was shot while responding to a domestic call on Kennedy Home Road in La Grange, which is just west of Kinston.
The deputy was taken to the hospital. His condition was not known, the sheriff’s office said.
The suspected shooter is not in custody, the sheriff’s office said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say