Ever wonder if the bad drivers around you are really the worst?
QuoteWizard, an insurance firm, wanted to give North Carolina drivers a full view of how bad drivers really are.
To be fair North Carolina drivers aren’t really bad, just sort of bad.
North Carolina received a driver grade of C which was earned due to a decline in driver quality over the past few years.
In a 2016 QuoteWizard best and worst driver study, North Carolina ranked 23rd best driving state. In 2018’s study, that ranking fell to 18th worst in the country. That drop in ranking was the main factor for the C grade, QuoteWizard says.
Greensboro (28th best), Charlotte (32nd best) and Durham (34th best) all rated among the top 75 driving cities.
Garner ranked as the 6th worst driving city in North Carolina. By comparison, Chapel Hill ranks as 2nd best while Cary ranked 6th best. Fort Bragg rounded out the top 10 best driving cities in the state.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Save Time & Money on a Home Refresh for 2020
- Friday, January 17th : Refresh Your Home in 2020
- Georgia man identified as worker killed in Wake County trench collapse
- Sex offender arrested for attending Wake County high school basketball game
- VIDEO: Police officer caught sleeping at the wheel in turning lane
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now