DANBURY, N.C. (AP) — The owner of a North Carolina speedway advertised “Bubba Rope” for sale on a social media marketplace page days after NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace announced a noose had been found in his garage at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama.
Wallace is the only Black driver in NASCAR’s top series. Mike Fulp, the owner of the half-mile 311 Speedway in Stokes County, advertised the rope in a pitch Wednesday on Facebook Marketplace that read: “Buy your Bubba Rope today for only $9.99 each, they come with a lifetime warranty and work great.’’
The post was removed by midday Thursday.
- Kids left on NC school bus while driver said he was going to get ‘good kids a snack,’ parent says
- Charlotte Hornets to reopen Spectrum Center for 3,000 fans per game
- Stimulus checks should continue until COVID-19 is history, senators tell Biden
- Gov. Roy Cooper to get vaccinated as Group 3 opens to elected officials, among others
- Cape Fear Valley Health vaccinates Group 3 against COVID-19 following pilot program last week