RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina has no shortage of connections to the 62nd Grammy Awards.
Fayetteville’s J. Cole, who has become a common face at the Grammys, is nominated again this year – five times.
Those nominations include Best Rap/Sung Performance for “Middle child.”
Before the show, Cole and 21 Savage won Best Rap Song for “a lot.”
Other nominees with North Carolina connections include country star Eric Church and Greensboro-native Rhiannon Giddens.
Church was born in Granite Falls, which sits just northwest of Hickory.
He received two nominations this year – Best Country Song for “Some of it” and Best Country Album for Desperate Man.
Giddens was nominated for Best American Roots Performance for her work with Francesco Turrisi on the song “I’m on my way.”
The 62nd Grammy Awards air Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS 17.
- Eastern NC fire, police department raise money for cancer patient in baseball fundraiser
- Bad news for the 2022 hurricane season: The Loop Current, a fueler of monster storms, is looking a lot like it did in 2005, the year of Katrina
- See the 10 cheapest, most expensive US airports to fly from
- 2 earthquakes reported in SC across 2 days: USGS
- How hackers get your password