RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina has no shortage of connections to the 62nd Grammy Awards.
Fayetteville’s J. Cole, who has become a common face at the Grammys, is nominated again this year – five times.
Those nominations include Best Rap/Sung Performance for “Middle child.”
Before the show, Cole and 21 Savage won Best Rap Song for “a lot.”
Other nominees with North Carolina connections include country star Eric Church and Greensboro-native Rhiannon Giddens.
Church was born in Granite Falls, which sits just northwest of Hickory.
He received two nominations this year – Best Country Song for “Some of it” and Best Country Album for Desperate Man.
Giddens was nominated for Best American Roots Performance for her work with Francesco Turrisi on the song “I’m on my way.”
The 62nd Grammy Awards air Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS 17.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pair nabbed with 6.5 kilos of cocaine in arrest along I-95 in Nash County, deputies say
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show support for Trump