RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina has no shortage of connections to the 62nd Grammy Awards.
Fayetteville’s J. Cole, who has become a common face at the Grammys, is nominated again this year – five times.
Those nominations include Best Rap/Sung Performance for “Middle child.”
Before the show, Cole and 21 Savage won Best Rap Song for “a lot.”
Other nominees with North Carolina connections include country star Eric Church and Greensboro-native Rhiannon Giddens.
Church was born in Granite Falls, which sits just northwest of Hickory.
He received two nominations this year – Best Country Song for “Some of it” and Best Country Album for Desperate Man.
Giddens was nominated for Best American Roots Performance for her work with Francesco Turrisi on the song “I’m on my way.”
The 62nd Grammy Awards air Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS 17.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Unconditional love’: Wounded Ft. Bragg veteran spends free time bonding with animals who need a home
- Raleigh residents anxious to rid rumbling, noise from preventive wastewater project blasting
- Violinist plays her instrument as surgeons remove brain tumor
- USDA finalizes new food stamp work requirements
- 2-year-old hugs pizza delivery driver not knowing he just lost his daughter