OAK ISLAND, N.C. (WECT) – Beaches at Oak Island will reopen to the public Friday at 6 a.m., according to Mayor Ken Thomas.
The beaches will be open for exercise only. No chairs, tables, towels, umbrellas, coolers or food will be permitted.
All public parking lots, and all private parking lots used for access to the beach, will remain closed.
Any unattended vehicles found in those lots will be towed.
An ordinance amended the state of emergency already in place, which will remain in effect until further notice.
Wrightsville Beach reopened at noon Monday.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved. CBS 17 contributed to this report.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man shoots, kills his son, SC deputies say
- Fashionista Jeannie Mai helps us improve our clothing budgets
- Gov. Cooper appoints district court judges for Wake, Guilford counties
- See the latest in home design and technology on the Annual Parade of Homes
- Duke football looking to right ship starting with ending its losing streak vs. UVA
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now