JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – The victim who passed in Friday’s fire was a pre-teen, according to the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office.
Officials said one victim is currently being treated for severe injuries at a local trauma center.
A total of 12 apartments were destroyed; however, four of the damaged apartments were not occupied, officials confirmed.
At approximately 1 a.m. Friday morning, the Onslow County Emergency Operation Center received a call of an active fire at Hinson Arms Apartments on Highway 258.
A joint investigation to determine the cause of the fire is currently underway.
This investigation includes investigators from the Onslow County Fire Marshal’s Office, Onslow County Sheriff’s Office, Onslow County Emergency Management, N.C. State Bureau of Investigation, N.C. Fire Marshal’s Office, Jacksonville Fire Marshal, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Explosive Division.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mother of missing 15-month-old claims she is pregnant, unable to take polygraph test
- NC State vs. UNC: Roy Williams looking to become 3rd coach with 200 ACC wins
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Photo of dog joining Ohio boy during timeout goes viral
- Man accused of raping, abusing infant sentenced to 4 years in prison
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now