ELON, N.C. (WBTV) – The mother of a North Carolina college student knows he’s not exactly thrilled with having to return home to Illinois.
But if Jennifer Bruns’ son has to leave Elon University due to the coronavirus pandemic, she figured she’d bring Elon University to Illinois.
Signs outside and inside Bruns’ home welcomed “student” (no “s”) to Elon’s “Midwest campus.”
“Ready to welcome one very unhappy Phoenix home to the recently established Midwest Campus of Elon University,” Bruns tweeted.
The campus’s new common room? It used to be the home’s living room.
The kitchen has become a “dining hall.” And Bruns’ son’s former bedroom? It’s now a dorm room.
Helpful signs guided the way.
“We all need a little laughter and levity to make it through this time together,” Bruns said.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- USPS on-time delivery is getting worse, putting ballots at risk
- Raleigh police investigate afternoon shooting
- Program to help North Carolinians find unclaimed money paying off for local non-profit
- South Carolina deputy saves unconscious infant diagnosed with COVID-19
- Advocates speak out on potential effect of ‘Downtown South’ on nearby Raleigh residents
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now