WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WFMY) — A Triad mother is facing child abuse charges.
Winston-Salem Police say Stacey Elliott rolled into another car at a gas station on Old Lexington Road Tuesday evening.
Investigators say her 3-year-old daughter was in the car with her.
Elliott was arrested on misdemeanor child abuse and possession of heroin.
Police say two teens were in the car she hit but were not injured.
Police say she’s been released from jail after posting a $2,500 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Public meeting set for Higgins Greenway phase 3 in Cary
- Weather School: Glenn Elementary
- Five holiday events around the Triangle this weekend
- Capital Boulevard lane closures announced ahead of traffic shift near downtown
- Feds: Over 60 Latin Kings members arrested along East Coast
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now