GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — Officials are investigating an altercation involving several students at D.H. Conley High School on Friday.
Pitt County Schools said the investigation into the cause of the incident is ongoing.
“Our school administration, School Resource Officers, and staff responded quickly to the situation with the safety and security of all students and staff in mind,” said Jennifer L. Johnson, PCS Public Information Officer.
A modified lockdown was called as a precaution, temporarily holding a scheduled class change in order to keep further students away from the area involved.
Additional supports were requested from local law enforcement.
Additional officers remained on campus at D.H. Conley throughout the afternoon as a precaution.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Girlfriend arrested after man stabbed, found dead in recliner at home, Harnett County deputies say
- 10+ COVID-19 cases detected in Wake County Public Schools, but teachers or students not specified
- Comparing the Biden and Trump tax plans: Will you pay more?
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now