GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — Officials are investigating an altercation involving several students at D.H. Conley High School on Friday.
Pitt County Schools said the investigation into the cause of the incident is ongoing.
“Our school administration, School Resource Officers, and staff responded quickly to the situation with the safety and security of all students and staff in mind,” said Jennifer L. Johnson, PCS Public Information Officer.
A modified lockdown was called as a precaution, temporarily holding a scheduled class change in order to keep further students away from the area involved.
Additional supports were requested from local law enforcement.
Additional officers remained on campus at D.H. Conley throughout the afternoon as a precaution.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Indiana lawmakers consider bill that would allow children as young as 12 to be tried as adults
- Marine veteran holds plank for over 8 hours, setting Guinness World Record
- Garner woman beat her husband to death with a baseball bat, police say
- WATCH: NASA gives 3D view of Apollo 13 moon
- YouTuber faked an exotic vacation in Bali with pictures taken at a nearby Ikea
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now