GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Smith High School teacher is accused of raping a student, according to an arrest report.
Daniel Webster Smith Jr., 57, of Raleigh, has been charged with felony sex act with a student and felony second-degree forcible rape.
Police report Smith was a teacher at Smith High School when the crimes were committed — and the victim was a student.
Smith High School lists Smith as a sergeant and Air Force JROTC instructor.
He was arrested Monday and placed in the Guilford County jail under a $110,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom of 6 dead, 2 officers among 5 hurt in crash during police chase caught on video
- The show must go on: Salem Singers
- Hundreds pay respects, call for change at George Floyd’s Raeford memorial service
- Memorial held in Hoke County for NC native George Floyd as many seek change
- Where George Floyd lost his life might not be what you expect
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now