GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Smith High School teacher is accused of raping a student, according to an arrest report.
Daniel Webster Smith Jr., 57, of Raleigh, has been charged with felony sex act with a student and felony second-degree forcible rape.
Police report Smith was a teacher at Smith High School when the crimes were committed — and the victim was a student.
Smith High School lists Smith as a sergeant and Air Force JROTC instructor.
He was arrested Monday and placed in the Guilford County jail under a $110,000 secured bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Aho scored twice to lead Hurricanes past Edmonton, 6-3
- ‘We need some help’ – Raleigh firefighter urges NC lawmakers to pass cancer bill
- Johnston County school board member alleges ‘corruption and deception’ in $8.8M budget shortfall
- VIDEO: 3-year-old girl inside sedan carjacked at NC Walmart
- Fort Bragg access point reopens after ‘security incident’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now