BURKE COUNTY, N.C. (WJZY) – Multiple arrests were made after a fight broke out between motorcycle clubs in Burke County, local officials say.
Officers responded to calls regarding a disturbance involving multiple motorcycle clubs near 2900 Highway US 70 in Connelly Springs.
Fifty to 60 motorcycles from clubs known as Full Throttle Junkies, Outlaws, Dedicated Brotherhood, and others were in attendance.
A number of members were walking down the highway yelling and a potentially violent situation was developing, the police report indicated.
As deputies responded to the scene a fight broke out and backup units were called in.
Officials say a group started to form around one of the deputies that was already at the scene. Backup arrived and attempts to keep the two groups separated were made.
The situation became more heated and more officers were called in.
Lenoir resident Jody Maltba, 32, was arrested and charged with simple assault. A woman, who was not identified, was also arrested after she needed to be restrained by her husband.
Law enforcement from Catawba, Morganton, Burke, and Valdese counties all assisted in the incident.
- Travelers at RDU speak out as face masks now required at airports, on planes
- Serial sex offender arrested in Asheville kidnappings, sexual assaults, police say
- FBI: 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- Wake County leaders address COVID-19 vaccine rollout during town hall