GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A South Carolina man was arrested Oct. 24 in Greenville after he was found with 200 THC-infused Nerds Rope candies, a handgun, and $1,600 in cash, Greenville police announced.
Owen Lee McKinney, of Anderson, South Carolina, is charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver a schedule VI drug and carrying a concealed weapon. He’s being held on a $15,000 bond, police said.
Detectives believe the drug-infused candy was “likely going to be distributed at college parties. They have no reason to believe it was intended to be distributed to young children trick or treating,” police said.
Investigators had received information that the candy was going to be delivered to Greenville. They came in contact with the 21-year-old McKinney in the area of East 1st and Harding streets.
No further information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Water main break shuts down major section of N. Duke Street in Durham
- Groundbreaking held for $2.2 billion ‘Complete 540’ project in Wake County
- Weather Class: School for Creative Studies
- Thursday Fur-cast | November 14
- School bus crash with kids onboard caught on camera; driver arrested for DUI
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now