GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A South Carolina man was arrested Oct. 24 in Greenville after he was found with 200 THC-infused Nerds Rope candies, a handgun, and $1,600 in cash, Greenville police announced.
Owen Lee McKinney, of Anderson, South Carolina, is charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver a schedule VI drug and carrying a concealed weapon. He’s being held on a $15,000 bond, police said.
Detectives believe the drug-infused candy was “likely going to be distributed at college parties. They have no reason to believe it was intended to be distributed to young children trick or treating,” police said.
Investigators had received information that the candy was going to be delivered to Greenville. They came in contact with the 21-year-old McKinney in the area of East 1st and Harding streets.
No further information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say