GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A South Carolina man was arrested Oct. 24 in Greenville after he was found with 200 THC-infused Nerds Rope candies, a handgun, and $1,600 in cash, Greenville police announced.
Owen Lee McKinney, of Anderson, South Carolina, is charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver a schedule VI drug and carrying a concealed weapon. He’s being held on a $15,000 bond, police said.
Detectives believe the drug-infused candy was “likely going to be distributed at college parties. They have no reason to believe it was intended to be distributed to young children trick or treating,” police said.
Investigators had received information that the candy was going to be delivered to Greenville. They came in contact with the 21-year-old McKinney in the area of East 1st and Harding streets.
No further information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Twin beams of light won’t shine during 9/11 tribute in NYC
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Streaming on the big screen: Chapel Hill movie theater to open for private group bookings
- Wake County middle school sports suspended for 1st semester
- Gov. Cooper announces grant program to assist businesses, nonprofits impacted by COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now