OAK ISLAND, N.C. (WGHP) — Tropical Storm Isaias could bring a storm surge of two to four feet along the coastline.
And on Oak Island, the Sea Turtle Protection Program is watching the storm closely.
This year, Oak Island has close to 100 sea turtle nests among the sand dunes.
Volunteers worry the storm surge could damage the dunes and the turtle nests.
Check out the video above to find out what they’re doing to keep the nests safe.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wife of Clayton firefighter dies from COVID-19 complications
- ‘He was best at unconditional love’: Obit for Charlie the golden retriever goes viral
- Senior drivers involved in fewer fatal crashes than middle-aged drivers, study says
- Durham police issue warning after 17 cars stolen in a week
- ‘Murder Hornet’ sightings confirmed in Washington State
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now