GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A tractor-trailer was stopped on Interstate 40 in Whitsett with a stolen trailer loaded with 18,000 pounds of bathroom paper products, according to the Guilford County Sheriff’s Office.
On Wednesday, deputies launched an investigation after a tractor-trailer was pulled over on I-40 in Whitsett.
Deputies say they followed the tractor-trailer to a warehouse a short distance off the interstate.
The sheriff’s office determined the 53-foot Hyundai dry-van trailer was stolen locally and was being used to haul 18,000 pounds of commercial bathroom paper products. The sheriff’s office clarified that this is the kind of paper towel once finds in restrooms.
No one has been arrested at this time as deputies continue to investigate.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year
- 1 wounded after shots fired into car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh
- NC mall closes early due to ‘disturbance’
- 1 dead, 2 more wounded in shooting at Duplin County party