RODANTHE, N.C. (WNCN) – Portions of N.C. 12 are closed along the Outer Banks, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said Sunday.
N.C. 12 is closed in both directions from Rodanthe to the Bonner Bridge because of standing water on the roadway, the NCDOT alert said. It is expected to reopen by 7 p.m. Sunday.
The highway is also closed in both directions from south of the Ocracoke Ferry dock to north of the Pony Pen beach area. That portion is expected to reopen by 5 p.m., NCDOT said.
NCDOT did not provide information on viable alternate routes.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ single mother’s plight
- Idaho men charged with conspiring to sell hard-to-trace guns in North Carolina
- Lara Trump and ‘Diamond and Silk’ to appear in Johnston County Wednesday