RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — It’s the week of Christmas, so which states have the most holiday spirit? A study from CenturyLink shows North Carolina ranks fourth out of 51 with the most Christmas spirit.
In every state, you’ll likely find Christmas lights displays and whatnot, but obviously, it’s just different in North Carolina.
CenturyLink’s list is based on factors like charitable giving and the number of searches for Christmas movies.
The study looked at the following criteria to determine which states have the most/least Christmas spirit:
- Google searches for Christmas movies and gingerbread houses (29%)
- Online shopping (via Google Shopping Trends) for wrapping paper, Christmas cards, Christmas ornaments, and “Elf on a Shelf” (28%)
- Christmas music streams (14.5%)
- Tweets about Christmas (7%)
- Number of Christmas tree farms per capita (7%)
- Charitable giving in the last documented tax year, as defined by the IRS (14.5%)
Top 10 states with the most Christmas spirit:
States with the least Christmas Spirit:
|51||District of Columbia|
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Clayton HS honors first responders, firefighter who died from COVID-19 before football opener
- 2 arrested on multiple drug charges; woman hid fentanyl ‘inside her body,’ deputies say
- Durham Public Schools puts plan to return to in-person instruction on hold
- High school football kicks off in the Triangle as COVID-19 restrictions set to ease
- ‘Shook the whole building’ – 1.9 magnitude earthquake reported in Sparta