RODANTHE, N.C. (WNCN) — A North Carolina surfer was bitten by a possible shark on Monday afternoon at the Outer Banks, officials said.
The incident involved a 26-year-old man who was surfing off the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, according to the U.S. Park Service.
The victim was in the ocean off Sudie Payne Road in Rodanthe when he was bitten on his foot.
The bite was reported just after 2:30 p.m., the news release said.
Dare County Emergency Medical Services took the man to the Outer Banks Hospital for treatment.
- WATCH: NC sheriff’s office honors K-9 Suzie retiring
- Program coming to Raleigh aims to reduce car accidents involving teens
- NFL to stream ‘Toy Story’ live animation version of London football game
- Live scoreboard: Week 7 of NCHSAA high school football in the Triangle
- New Wake County schools superintendent faces growth, safety challenges