RODANTHE, N.C. (WNCN) — A North Carolina surfer was bitten by a possible shark on Monday afternoon at the Outer Banks, officials said.
The incident involved a 26-year-old man who was surfing off the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, according to the U.S. Park Service.
The victim was in the ocean off Sudie Payne Road in Rodanthe when he was bitten on his foot.
The bite was reported just after 2:30 p.m., the news release said.
Dare County Emergency Medical Services took the man to the Outer Banks Hospital for treatment.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 105th birthday with drive-by salute
- Alabama man finds alligator swimming in his backyard pool
- Pregnant NC hit-and-run victim wants justice
- Navy investigates video of dogs attacking Kaepernick fill-in
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations drop to the lowest number in weeks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now