RODANTHE, N.C. (WNCN) — A North Carolina surfer was bitten by a possible shark on Monday afternoon at the Outer Banks, officials said.
The incident involved a 26-year-old man who was surfing off the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, according to the U.S. Park Service.
The victim was in the ocean off Sudie Payne Road in Rodanthe when he was bitten on his foot.
The bite was reported just after 2:30 p.m., the news release said.
Dare County Emergency Medical Services took the man to the Outer Banks Hospital for treatment.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Manhunt underway after 2 killed, 5 more injured in shooting at Texas club
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Arrest made after man killed and NC coastal home set on fire, police say
- ECU football player facing felony drug charge; coach announces suspension
- Williams returns, gets shootout goal in Hurricanes’ win over Islanders
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now