CLARKTON, N.C. (WECT) – A man wanted in connection to a triple homicide early Sunday morning in Bladen County is in custody.
Officials with the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office confirmed early Monday morning that Taurean Johnson turned himself into law enforcement Sunday night.
Warrants had been issued for Johnson for three counts of murder and one count of attempted murder.
At around 1:30 a.m. Sunday, the Bladen County 911 Center got a call about a shooting at 71 Tina Lane in Clarkton. The caller said a man had entered their home, shot several people, and left.
Deputies and EMS arrived on scene and found three people who had been shot and killed. A fourth person survived and is currently in stable condition.
The victims are 30-year-old Catrice Lacole Murchison, 27-year-old Ronnie Lebert Kelly, 60-year-old Guy Lennon Barden, Jr., and the survivor is 69-year-old Hazel Epps.
The investigation is continuing at this time, anyone with information please contact the Bladen County Sheriff’s Office at 910-862-6960.
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fans allowed back in the stands at Wake County school sporting events
- 7 arrested after long-term NC investigation into illegal drug sales
- Man reaches through NC home’s open window, grabs 14-year-old girl
- There’s something in the water off Virginia Beach: Shrimp!
- No. 6 Duke comes up short against No. 8 Michigan State