JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – Police Officers in Jacksonville are investigating a fatal shooting that happened Wednesday night.
Police were dispatched to a report of a shooting in the parking lot of The Reserve Apartments complex, located at 100 Talon Dr. Responding officers found Lamarr Jerrod Johnson, 21, lying on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound.
Jacksonville Public Safety first responders immediately began life-saving measures, however, the victim was pronounced dead on the scene.
The preliminary investigation has found that the suspect(s) fled the area in a passenger car. Investigators have been interviewing witnesses and canvassing the area to locate any additional witnesses and evidence associated with the shooting.
“We are in the preliminary stages of this investigation, however, we believe this to be an isolated incident,” said Lt. Richard Kellum.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Detective John Clukey at 910-938-6409 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert — Aerotek and FedEx are hiring
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- Former Florida data scientist Rebekah Jones says she tested positive for COVID-19 in jail
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions