WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A suspect has been arrested and charged following a social media threat against Winston-Salem State University, according to a news release from the university.
Thomas Bell, 19, is charged with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property.
Winston-Salem State University police investigated a threat that was reported by students on Monday.
Campus police said Bell is not a student at Winston-Salem State.
Bell was arrested by the Henderson Police Department on Monday afternoon and has a court date of Oct. 17 in Forsyth County.
His bond was set at $25,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC and Catawba tribe sign casino revenue agreement for gaming resort
- 2 injured after police officer drives car through crowd of 100 at street race
- NC teen and woman among 4 killed after car crashes into pond in Myrtle Beach
- Flight to Raleigh from Florida hits bird on takeoff; jet returns to gate
- Man injured in daytime shooting in Durham, police say