WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A suspect has been arrested and charged following a social media threat against Winston-Salem State University, according to a news release from the university.
Thomas Bell, 19, is charged with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property.
Winston-Salem State University police investigated a threat that was reported by students on Monday.
Campus police said Bell is not a student at Winston-Salem State.
Bell was arrested by the Henderson Police Department on Monday afternoon and has a court date of Oct. 17 in Forsyth County.
His bond was set at $25,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh to keep curfew for 2nd night
- Raleigh bar owner says business suffered break-in, theft during weekend’s unrest
- Biden to hit Trump as more focused on ‘power than principle’
- Officer suspended after video shows him with hands around man’s neck
- Olympians show solidarity amid intense worldwide protests over George Floyd’s death
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now