WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A suspect has been arrested and charged following a social media threat against Winston-Salem State University, according to a news release from the university.
Thomas Bell, 19, is charged with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property.
Winston-Salem State University police investigated a threat that was reported by students on Monday.
Campus police said Bell is not a student at Winston-Salem State.
Bell was arrested by the Henderson Police Department on Monday afternoon and has a court date of Oct. 17 in Forsyth County.
His bond was set at $25,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Family raises awareness about moped safety after loved one dies in crash
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now