MINT HILL, N.C. (WJZY) — A 17-year-old dirt-bike rider who was involved in an accident Saturday night at an I-485 inner off-ramp in Mint Hill has died, according to authorities.
Officers responded to calls regarding an accident around 10 p.m. at the I-485 inner off-ramp near Blair Road in Mint Hill.
The dirt bike struck another vehicle that was attempting to make a left turn on the driver’s side. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
The dirt bike had no lights, the operator was not wearing a helmet or safety equipment, and the vehicle was not designed to operate on any roadways, the police report indicated.
Mint Hill fire and police as well as Charlotte-Mecklenburg police units were among those who responded to the scene.
This remains an active investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Colonial Pipeline site assessment reveals an estimated 1.2M gallons of gasoline leaked in NC town
- Japan stands firm on Tokyo Olympics schedule, denies report of cancellation
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Miller Lite semi-truck crashes into NC home
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster