EMERALD ISLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Emerald Isle police are asking for two red flags to be returned after they were taken off the beach Sunday night.
One of the flags was located near The Point, or southern end of the island. The second was taken from the 7000 block of Ocean Drive.
“The flags serve an important purpose informing the public of the hazardous water conditions,” Emerald Isle police said in a Facebook post.
Police are asking for any surveillance video that may show the flags being taken.
Emerald Isle has seen several drownings in 2019 related to rip currents.
If you have any information as to who may have taken them or if you someone taking them please report it ASAP to EIPD @ 252-726-1911
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh man charged with possession of drug known as ‘monkey dust’
- Jews For Trump car parade stirs protests, fights in New York
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old Tennessee boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in home
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Texas 3-year-old dies after accidentally shooting himself during his birthday party